The Compleat Food Group are on a mission to create great quality, tasty and affordable food that people love to eat. We are home to some exciting brands including Pork Farms, Wall’s Pastry, Squeaky Bean®, Unearthed®, Vadasz, and The Wrights Food Group. We employ more than 3,500 people across 10 sites, and our ambition is to become the UK’s No 1 chilled prepared food company.
We are currently recruiting for a Team Leader to join our Production team at our Tottle Bakery site in Nottingham.
- The primary role of the Team Leader is to ensure their production lines are operating efficiently, to achieve and deliver production targets to customer specifications and food safety
- You will be responsible for a team working on production lines, ensuring Good Manufacturing Practices are carried out at all times, that the team understand their roles, and you support and motivate team members to achieve line performance targets
- You will ensure all product specification sheets are adhered to and all quality and technical documentation is completed in real time
- You will have responsibility for materials, ensuring appropriate process controls and criteria are met, that waste levels are minimal and that all machines perform correctly
- You will ensure Health and Safety of your teams, colleagues and site visitors, through completion of start up checks, identifying and escalating any incidents and playing your part in accident and near miss investigations
- You will also support QA teams on a day to day basis and NPD teams with new product launches
Reporting directly to the Shift Manager, you will be responsible for delivering an excellent service to keep the production areas running, reducing downtime, and improving safety. You will work closely with Hygiene, Quality and Engineering teams.
The site operates 24/6, 364 days a year and this role works a set shift of Wednesday to Saturday with each 3rd week working Thursday to Saturday. Saturday hours may vary, depending on production peaks, to enable line deep cleans. Flexibility will be required to support colleagues on other shifts, during periods of absence, as and when required.
An ideal candidate is anticipated to have either previous experience from a food-based or FMCG industry, to be able to keep up with the fast pace and demands of the working environment.
This is a demanding role, and the following skills and experiences would be beneficial if you are interested in this role:
- Previous food-based production or manufacturing experience
- Experience in chilled food, beneficial
- Previous Team Leader or similar role, with responsibility for a team
- Ability to work, support and motivate a team
- Ability to work at pace, to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, at all levels
- Team player
If you would like to apply for this role, please forward your CV to Rainey Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org