Riverside Bakery (part of The Compleat Food Group) is the UK’s leading chilled quiche manufacturer. The business has its own specialist manufacturing facility and development team, focused on driving product innovation and quality in its category. The bakery has had significant investment in the last few years which has allowed the business to develop new state of the art manufacturing assets, ranging from being highly automated to highly flexible.
The business is the leading supplier of retailer-branded chilled quiche, flans and savoury tarts into Asda, M&S, and Sainsbury’s.
Our vision is to be the most trusted and innovative chilled food manufacturer in the UK. Whilst our core business will always be centred on savoury pastry, our innovation agenda will also take us into new food markets where we can build a sustainable position.
We are looking for a Quality Manager to join our team on a permanent basis working a Monday – Friday shift pattern. The role is based in a fast-paced chilled food environment, which requires initiative and an ability to “think on your feet”.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Direct the team to deliver the quality management system, including the internal audit plan, to ensure compliance with customer, manufacturing unit, legislative, divisional and strategic requirements.
- Provide information and demonstrate operational practice in support of external audits to enable compliance with customer requirements.
- Escalation of food safety issues in line with local guidance.
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for all colleagues and that, as a minimum, the department meets the standards set out in the SHE Policy.
- Continue to develop the capability of the QA team through the Technical Strategy and Monitor departmental KPI’s adjusting team activity to ensure targets are achieved.
- Work effectively as a member of the Technical team, supporting colleagues with their work while developing and maintaining effective relationships with all departments.
- Undertake ad hoc projects as required and to ensure adhoc projects of QA team are captured and that deadlines and objectives are met to correct level.
The Successful Individual
To be successful in the role, you will have the following required skills, experience, knowledge and qualifications:
- L4 Food Safety
- L3 HACCP
- Internal Auditor
- Degree level in Food Science/Technology or related science.
- Listeria Management
- Train the Trainer
- L4 HACCP
- High care/risk knowledge
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in FMCG environment
- Minimum 3 years’ experience leading/supervising a QA team, able to inspire and develop skills into a high performing unit
- Experience of working with operations teams to influence and guide to achieve results
- Experience of auditor/visitor exposure with a desire to develop customer relations.
Riverside Bakery is a great place to work and we believe that stems from the quality of the people we employ. We believe in providing our staff with a working environment that encourages opportunity and allows potential to be fulfilled. We also embrace diversity. Hard work and dedication are rewarded with competitive pay; pension; occupational health; subsidised employee canteen; long service awards; and an employee car park.