Job Title: QA Technician
Hours: Nights 18:00pm – 06:00am Mon – Thurs
Company: Palethorpes Bakery, Market Drayton
FTC 12 Months
Join The Compleat Food Group in Market Drayton and be part of a Tasty Revolution!
The Compleat Food Group is a new food group on a mission to create great quality, tasty and affordable food that people love to eat.
To be ambassador of the food safety and quality management systems, KPI’s and reporting systems. To support the production of safe, legal and authentic products to the specified brand quality.
To support operations teams in area of food safety and quality, ensuring compliance to standards, and support knowledge growth across the business· The job holder will mainly receive direction and guidance from the QA Manager; however there will be occasions when the jobholder will receive instructions from the Technical Manager and members of Technical departments and also sometimes complete tasks for the NPD function.
Skills and Behaviours
Effective contributor, demonstrating teamwork by working positively as part of a team and respecting other members of the wider business.
Clear communication skills which include being able to converse in English
Ability to follow both verbal and written instructions
Absolute attention to detail to conduct visual checks and escalate issues where appropriate
Ability to work under pressure of timescales
Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to listen, motivate and influence at all levels internally and externally
Self-reliant, decisive and resilient.
Prepared to work on own initiative.
Ability to prioritise and manage own schedule.
Taking Ownership: Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- To complete and document all the routine quality and food safety checks as required according to the documented procedures.
- To complete food safety and quality audits at defined frequencies to ensure the efficacy of the Quality Management System
- Ensure the site improves food safety and quality standards as assessed by audit.
- Ensure microbiological sampling and reporting is completed to schedule and submitted where directed by line manager
- A high focus on continuous improvement activities within food safety and quality and across the facility.
- To ensure that all quality assurance checks are carried out and recorded in line with the documented procedures
- To ensure that the site operates in accordance with the HACCP Plan and that CCPs are monitored appropriately.
- To report any out of specification results and to escalate these where appropriate and to verify that corrective actions have been successfully implemented.
- To operate in a health & safety conscious manner, ensuring their own health and safety and that of their work colleagues.
- To work closely with other departments to ensure they understand the quality and food safety requirements and to communicate effectively where those standards are not met
- Able to influence others including subordinates, peers and seniors to ensure that quality and food safety standards are maintained at all times
- To work closely and collaboratively with the manufacturing team.
- To actively work to ensure compliance with BRC standards and retailer standards, ensuring an eye for the detail
- To provide support and information during audits such as BRC or retailer audits
- To provide support and information during traceability exercises, crisis management other activities
- Microbial swabbing according to specified routines and in accordance with the swabbing plan and submission of these samples to the external accredited laboratory
- Product sampling for microbiological and chemical analysis in accordance with the sampling plan requirements and submission of these samples to the external accredited laboratory
Knowledge and Experience
Undertaking and passing all training required to operate in the role which could include but are not exhaustive: Food Hygiene, Allergen, HACCP, and Pest Awareness.
Sustaining high performance standards
Assist/train new team members to perform tasks effectively
BRC and Retailer standards awareness (desired)
Level 3 (Advanced) Certificate in Food Safety is desired.
Trained in Food Hygiene, HACCP & GMP. (Desired)
Ideally educated to A Level (or equivalent) in a science based subject.
Experience of or familiar with, quality assurance systems and processes (Desired)
Good knowledge of food manufacturing.
Computer literate in Excel & Word.