Riverside Bakery (part of Compleat Food Group) is the UK’s leading chilled quiche manufacturer. The business has its own specialist manufacturing facility and development team, focused on driving product innovation and quality in its category. The bakery has had significant investment in the last few years which has allowed the business to develop new state of the art manufacturing assets, ranging from being highly automated to highly flexible.
The business is the leading supplier of retailer-branded chilled quiche, flans and savoury tarts into Asda, M&S, and Sainsbury’s.
Our vision is to be the most trusted and innovative chilled food manufacturer in the UK. Whilst our core business will always be centred on savoury pastry, our innovation agenda will also take us into new food markets where we can build a sustainable position.
We are looking for a Production Planner to join our team on a Permanent basis at Riverside Bakery. The role is based in a fast-paced chilled food environment, which requires initiative and an ability to ‘think on your feet’.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Work effectively as part of a team to support the business in delivering customer orders in the most cost-effective way.
- Process customer orders & communicate relevant information to the wider business.
- Reconcile daily stock reports & react accordingly to variances.
- Analyse sales forecasts & liaise with Commercial team to determine customer requirements.
- Create finished goods production schedules that consider capacity, outload times, material availability, efficiency, equipment availability, & labour requirements.
- Create schedules for Prep areas that consider capacity, material availability, efficiency, equipment availability, & labour requirements.
- Monitor factory performance versus plan throughout the day & react accordingly to any deviation.
- Considers the effect the plan has on labour & raw material costs.
- Maintain & develop planning systems & tools.
- Build relationships with supporting functions to ensure the business’ needs are met.
- Report KPIs to senior management & propose ways to improve.
- Provide cover for Material Controller duties when off-shift, during holidays & sickness.
- Deputise for Planning Manager during absence & annual leave.
The Successful Individual
To be successful in the role, you will have the following required skills, experience, knowledge and qualifications:
- Ideally previous experience in Production Planning
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Computer literacy – particularly in Excel
- Problem solving & organisational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail under pressure
Riverside Bakery is a great place to work, and we believe that stems from the quality of the people we employ. We believe in providing our staff with a working environment that encourages opportunity and allows potential to be fulfilled. We also embrace diversity. Hard work and dedication are rewarded with competitive pay, pension, occupational health, subsidised employee canteen, long service awards, and an employee car park.