PROCESS DEVELOPMENT TECHNOLOGIST
LOCATION: Weston Road, Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 6XQ
SALARY: £25,000 – £30,000
SHIFT PATTERN: Monday to Friday 8.30 – 5pm (Flexibility around these sort of hours)
At The Compleat Food Group we’re on a mission to create tasting food that’s better for people and the planet, we call it ‘Food to Feel Good’. We pride ourselves on being a business that gives equal emphasis to HOW we operate as well as the financial results we achieve.
Our 3,500 (and growing) fantastic people are what make this possible. They are passionate about creating delicious products for UK consumers, leading retailers and our exciting, market leading brands, which include Wall’s Pastry, Pork Farms, Vadasz, Palace Culture, Squeaky Bean and unearthed.
We are looking for an experienced Process Development Technologist to join our tasty business. The right candidate will have a passion for food and an enthusiasm to grow their career in a fast-paced sector of the food industry. And the best bit….. Product tasting is a requirement!!!
Purpose of role:
Based at our Sweet and Savoury site, you will support in the effective launch of new, and improved, products. You will be required to follow the Compleat Food Group’s Product Launch Process to deliver timely launches, in line with our Group's brand strategy, category pipeline plans and growth aspirations, as well as meeting all Compleat brand and/or customer standards.
This is a varied factory based role, with office duties included, at an approximate 60/40 split. You will need to be equally happy in the factory in your overall and hairnet as you will be behind a desk completing administration.
These are the types of duties you will be responsible for:
- Planning, organisation, and delivery of factory trials to launch new products.
- Resolve challenges that new products and processes bring to the factory – finding innovative new solutions to improve quality and efficiency.
- Delivery of new products within the Compleat Food Group agenda, cost requirements, and timescales.
- To work closely alongside NPD Managers and Chefs to create new products as per our customer’s requirements.
- To work closely alongside Operations and Technical to deliver efficient, great quality products.
- Support and deputise for the Process Development Manager in the innovation agenda at site, taking a key role in meetings and costing builds.
- Complete paperwork required to launch new products in the food industry – including shelf life testing, organoleptic reviews, nutritional testing and QA Standards.
- Lead product handover meetings to Operations and ensure all teams are communicated to effectively about new products launching.
If you have a positive can-do attitude, and can work calmly under pressure then this could be the role for you! Time management and communication skills are extremely important and having the ability to problem solve and visualise ‘the bigger picture’ will be key to the success in this position. You will be getting hands-on in the factory, spending most of your time there, but still needing to be computer literate – building quality standards in Word, writing recipes in Excel, and using various other computer programs.
- HND/Degree in food based/manufacturing subject (desirable)
- Food manufacturing experience within an FMCG environment
- HACCP/Food Safety Training/basic knowledge
- Planning, organisation, and project management
- Happy communicating at different levels of seniority
- Good presentation skills
- Self-motivated with a flexible attitude to working hours
- Approachable, friendly team worker
- Happy to raise issues and challenge for better
- Embraces change, adaptable and maintains effectiveness in varying environments
- Committed to continuous process and personal development
- Learns quickly in a changing environment
- £25,000 – £30,000
- 33 days annual leave inc Bank Hols
- Pension 5% and 3%
- 2 Volunteering Days per year
- Onsite Parking
- Staff Canteen
- Informal and formal training and development opportunities
- Staff charity initiatives
- Health and well-being support and welfare community groups
- Online and high street discount portal
The Compleat Food Group are proud to build an inclusive and respectful culture where all our colleagues feel safe, supported and valued. A place where they can bring their whole selves to work to achieve exceptional results and thrive.
We continue to attract diverse talent into our teams, because we know greater diversity leads to exceptional results and provides a better working life. That’s why we’re committed to ensuring Fairness, Equity, Inclusivity, and Respect in all that we do.
Recruitment Agencies We have an active and trusted Preferred Supplier List to assist us if required.
We do not acknowledge any speculative CVs or unsolicited candidate introductions from agencies.
We are looking for somebody to start in the position as soon as possible, interviews will be held immediately with a view to start straight away.