At The Compleat Food Group we’re on a mission to create tasty food that’s better for people and the planet, we call it ‘Food to Feel Good’.
Our fantastic people are what make this possible. They are passionate about creating delicious products for UK consumers, leading retailers and our exciting, market leading brands.
At Tottle Bakery, we specialise in the manufacture of pork pies, producing around 4 million own brand and retailer pies each week. The equipment you will be working on will include a mix of older technology, both fully and semi-automatic. We are now embarking on a site wide automation programme, which has seen significant investment for 2024 into robotic technology. The engineering function will be pivotal in the delivery of this programme and so we are now seeking engineers who have the attitude, work ethic and skill set to drive this programme forward.
In this role on the night shift, you will carry out preventative and reactive maintenance work (both electrical and mechanical) to maximise the reliability, efficiency and safety of the plant and machinery. All work carried out will be in line with Food Safety standards and Health & Safety requirements and enable production teams to meet their KPI targets on time, cost, and quality standards.
The Engineering department works as a team; however, some tasks will be completed individually. You will be required to support electrically and mechanically in all areas of the plant.
- To attend and diagnose breakdown repairs in a cost-effective timely manner, to ensure production targets are met
- To record all work details using CMMS. with entries onto the system to be of a sufficient standard for the purpose of reference and traceability
- To carry out repairs to the plant and infrastructure using all procedural controls and following GMP procedures
- To support colleagues ensuring that they adopt the correct operating procedures
- To ensure H&S is not compromised in any way and all procedures are followed to ensure you are not putting yourself or others at risk
- To contribute to development of new working methods and actively participate in continuous improvement
- To provide logical reasoning and logical approaches to engineering and operational issues and identify potential CI initiatives
- Onsite parking available (parking levy applicable) – good transport network for bus and tram users
- Long service and employee awards
- Reward and benefit platform
- 2 Volunteering days a year
- Company pension
- Company sick scheme (qualifying period)
- Free company products
- Training & Development
The right candidate will ideally hold industry relevant qualifications or be an apprentice trained multiskilled engineer, with a strong electrical bias. Experience of working in a Food Manufacturing / FMCG environment would be beneficial. As a methodical and logical thinker, you will have excellent fault-finding skills, working knowledge of AC/DC motors and controls, a good understanding of servo-controlled equipment, hydraulics, and pneumatics. You will be competent in workshop skills including simple fabrication, plant refurbishment and use of machine tools. You will be comfortable working autonomously in a pressured and time critical environment.
The Compleat Food Group are proud to build an inclusive and respectful culture where all our colleagues feel safe, supported and valued. A place where they can bring their whole selves to work to achieve exceptional results and thrive.
We continue to attract diverse talent into our teams, because we know greater diversity leads to exceptional results and provides a better working life. That’s why we’re committed to ensuring Fairness, Equity, Inclusivity, and Respect in all that we do.