Site Head of Technical – Chilled Food Manufacturing
Location: Poole Bakery
About Us: The Compleat Food Group is one the UK's leading food manufacturing companies, dedicated to delivering high-quality and innovative food products to delight our customers.
We are seeking an experienced and accomplished Head of Technical to join our experienced site team. This site leadership role will be pivotal in driving our technical strategy, ensuring compliance, and maintaining our strong commitments to quality and food safety.
Position Overview: As the Head of Technical, you will be responsible for the delivery of our business and technical strategy at our chilled food manufacturing site in the beautiful area of Poole, Dorset. You will lead and inspire both the technical and site Hygiene teams, collaborate with key stakeholders, and ensure compliance with industry standards and customer expectations.
- Strategy Execution: Deliver the business and technical strategy for the site and our customers, ensuring alignment with quality, legality, integrity, and food safety goals.
- Technical Leadership: Provide day-to-day technical accountability for the site and ensure the hygiene and technical performance of the site meets and exceeds standards.
- Leadership: Act as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), contributing to the overall success of the site.
- Customer Management: Deliver excellence in technical customer management, ensuring compliance with client expectations and managing customer visits, audits, and launches effectively.
- Team Management: Manage the site's technical team on a day-to-day basis, driving technical standards, compliance, and continuous improvements.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Develop cross-functional relationships at site and group levels, encouraging joined-up working and raising awareness of technical activities across the group.
- Performance Management: Set clear SMART objectives for the technical function/team and conduct regular reviews. Use data effectively to manage site performance and drive continuous improvement.
- Quality Assurance: Develop and improve customer joint quality plans, maintain high audit accreditation/results, and ensure customer requirements and industry standards are exceeded,
- Budget Management: Set and manage technical and hygiene budgets effectively.
- Retailer Engagement: Represent the site/company at retailer meetings, audits, and visits, with a focus on Top 5 UK retailer experience.
- Technical Expertise: Utilise your technical expertise, including HACCP, Food Safety, TACCP/Integrity, and lead auditor qualifications, to support product process and design from a technical perspective.
- Continuous Improvement: Drive continuous improvement across the site against agreed KPIs, customer requirements, and legislation.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (Food background).
- HACCP level 3 certification.
- Food Safety level 3 certification.
- TACCP/Integrity certification.
- Lead auditor qualification.
- Full UK driving license.
- Proven track record of technical/quality management in a large, challenging, fast-paced environment, ideally within chilled foods.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills in reactive and flexible situations.
- Experience leading retailer and certification audits.
- Proven ability to manage a large technical team and develop talent.
- Accomplished in driving the group's technical agenda/strategy.
- Continuous improvement of site technical standards and technical KPIs.
The role comes with exceptional benefits you would expect from a company of our size and the for the technical expertise the role requires.
We also offer:
- 2 volunteering days per year
- Free Products
- Site/Team Charity Events
- Site Parking
- Staff Canteen
- Formal and informal training
- Employee competitions with great prizes
- Online and High Street retailer discount portal
- Company Wellness and community support groups
How to Apply:
If you are an experienced and qualified Head of Technical with a proven track record in chilled food manufacturing and a passion for excellence in technical leadership, we encourage you to apply.
The Compleat Food Group are proud to build an inclusive and respectful culture where all our colleagues feel safe, supported and valued. A place where they can bring their whole selves to work to achieve exceptional results and thrive.
We continue to attract diverse talent into our teams, because we know greater diversity leads to exceptional results and provides a better working life. That’s why we’re committed to ensuring Fairness, Equity, Inclusivity, and Respect in all that we do.
Recruitment Agencies We have an active and trusted Preferred Supplier List to assist us if required. We do not acknowledge any speculative CVs or unsolicited candidate introductions from agencies.