This is a brand new and exciting opportunity on site. Reporting into the Engineering Manager, you will lead and manage the daily activities of all engineers, apprentices and contractors working site, ensuring that all activity conforms to Health and Safety and Food Safety legislation.
• Complete engineers PDP’s
• Prioritize and arrange daily and weekly work schedules for the team
• Liaise closely with operations, planning on the servicing times and rebuilds of equipment
• Proactively reviewing machine data from Holistech to eliminate repeat visits for the same issue
• Identify what parts are required to complete overhauls and liaise with stores for price availability
• Arrange for contractors to attend site for breakdowns or servicing
• Condition monitoring, machine routine inspections, autonomous, preventative and predictive maintenance routines
• Ensure there is a comprehensive asset care/maintenance system in place to monitor and manage the engineering activities with particular reference to cost control, manpower, planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and stock holding
• Ensure the business meets its legal and legislative obligations with respect to plant safety, environmental and energy efficiency/emissions
• Ensure that Health & Safety is given a high priority and is considered in all plans, actions and activities. Play a key role in promoting Health & Safety awareness on site
• Safety, Health and Environment legislative policies and procedures
• Always demonstrates engineering best practice
• Ensures engineering workshops are maintained and audited on a regular basis, and kept in a clean and auditable state
• Stand in for Engineering Manager when required
o Deputise in all relevant meetings
o Update/escalate to Chief Engineer
o Manage workload for all engineering e.g. shift engineers and site services
• Time Served Apprenticeship
• Strong written, numerical, and verbal skills
• Proficiency and fluency of English language (oral and written)
• Computer proficiency in MS Office and CMMS systems
• Specialisation in either mechanical or electrical engineering
• Demonstrates knowledge of engineering legislative requirements
• Can demonstrate understanding and previous use of continuous improvement tools and techniques.
• Ability to fault find on:
o PLC/computer-controlled equipment
o Servo motors and drives
o Inverter control systems
o Hydraulic powered systems
o Pneumatic control systems
• Strong leadership, motivational and organisational skills.
• A demonstrated drive and passion to improve both the company and their own performance.
• Understanding of business KPIs and how engineering impacts on them.
• Ability to communicate at all levels in the business.
• Team oriented to enable engineering department to reach targets
• Demonstrates a can-do attitude
• Demonstrates job ownership
• Ability to drive change, and actively seek to solve ongoing issues
• Committed personal improvement and that of their team.
• Learns quickly in a changing environment
• Ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet strict deadlines.
Dorset Foods is focused on the savoury egg and cooked cocktail sausage categories and has its own specialist manufacturing facility and development team.
The business strategy is strongly focused on innovation and reinventing the Scotch egg category. Most recently, this has resulted in the ability to maintain a runny centre in a warm-serve, cooked egg product, which has initially been brought to market by M&S.
Dorset Foods is home to the recently developed Scrummy Egg brand, which will encompass a family of products that are based on this unique ability to produce a runny or soft-set-centred boiled egg that maintains this quality even when re-heated.
The business supplies Scotch egg products into Asda, M&S, Tesco and the convenience channel.