At The Compleat Food Group we’re on a mission to create tasty food that’s better for people and the planet, we call it ‘Food to Feel Good’.
Our fantastic people are what make this possible. They are passionate about creating delicious products for UK consumers, leading retailers and our exciting, market leading brands.
We are currently recruiting for an Engineering Shift Manager, to work at our Tottle Bakery site in Nottingham. At this site, we specialise in the manufacture of pork pies, producing around 4 million own brand and retailer pies each week. The equipment you will be working with includes a mix of older technology, both fully and semi-automatic. We are now embarking on a site wide automation programme, which has seen significant investment for 2024 into robotic technology. The engineering function will be pivotal in the delivery of this programme, in addition to the day to day engineering challenges, so we are seeking an Engineering Shift Manager who will help drive this programme forward.
The Engineering Shift Manager is responsible for ensuring the engineering work carried out by their team, both reactive and planned is completed in a timely, efficient and safe manner, reducing downtime, while maintaining quality standards and people safety in all food production areas. Reporting to the Engineering Manager and working with the Engineering Shift Manager from the opposite shift, you will jointly lead the engineering department in the day to day functions and any specific projects. The role operates on a 3on / 3off basis, 7am to 7pm, with some degree of flexibility to support your team.
- Co-ordinate and lead a team of multiskilled engineers
- Including motivating and engaging the team to ensure productivity and innovation, leading by example to foster and create a positive work environment, while recognising and rewarding achievements
- Conducting team meetings, individual PDRs and any potential low level disciplinaries
- Ensure all production processes are seamless, through troubleshooting and resolving issues as they arise, fully supporting the company KPI's and Production targets
- Minimising machinery downtime, through prompt response to reactive and predictive maintenance
- Co-ordinating maintenance priorities with the team and opposite Engineering Shift Manager to ensure all maintenance activities are planned and executed efficiently
- Ensure team consistently implement and maintain safety protocols to uphold a safe and secure working environment for themselves and all colleagues
- Effectively investigate and address any engineering based / related incidents, accidents and near misses to prevent re-occurrence
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including production, technical and hygiene when addressing downtime and PPMs, to optimise efficiency and quality standards
- Deputising for the Engineering Manager in appropriate meetings, as required
The right candidate will ideally have previous man-management experience, preferably from a FMCG environment, be self motivated and able to work under pressure in a calm and controlled manner. You will need excellent adaptive communication skills, both written and verbal to enable clear understanding at all levels, from shop floor operatives to executive leadership team, auditors and retailers.
- Appropriate Electrical and Mechanical qualification / Apprenticeship
- Time served experience
- Food Safety Level 2 (preferable)
- Level 2 HACCP (preferable)
- Onsite parking available (parking levy applicable) – good transport network for bus and tram users
- Long service and employee awards
- Reward and benefit platform
- 2 Volunteering days a year
- Company pension
- Company sick scheme (after qualifying period)
- Free company products