Join Our Finance Team at The Compleat Food Group!
Due to growth within our business, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to join our brilliant Finance team on a 6-month fixed term contract!
Based at our Site in Clitheroe, you will form part of an integral team who not only support each other, but who are very hands on in supporting our teams with all things payable!
Who We Are:
Here at The Compleat Food Group, where we're on a mission to whip up delicious food that not only puts a smile on your face but also shows some love to our planet. We like to call it 'Food to Feel Good' because why not enjoy what you eat and do some good at the same time?
Our 3,500+ incredible people are the heart of everything we do. They are genuinely passionate about crafting mouthwatering products for UK consumers, leading retailers, and our exciting market-leading brands, including Wall's Pastry, Squeaky Bean, and Unearthed.
Join us as an Accounts Payable Clerk:
Why Finance at The Compleat Food Group?
When you step into a finance role at The Compleat Food Group, you're stepping into a world of opportunities. We encourage and reward individuals who take full ownership of their responsibilities and contribute to continuous control and process improvement.
Your Duties Will Include:
- Managing the purchase ledger mailbox with a strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Reporting and holding the business accountable for outstanding purchase order and invoice approvals
- Manually inputting purchase invoices
- Resolving supplier queries promptly and effectively.
- Performing supplier statement reconciliations as directed by the Accounts Payable Supervisor.
- Preparing proposals for payment runs on a rotational basis.
- Providing support to external auditors by supplying requested samples.
- Engaging in ad hoc tasks as requested by the Accounts Payable Supervisor.
- Being an active and valued team member in our central finance department.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Problem-solving skills that allow you to tackle challenges with ease.
- A collaborative spirit that ensures everyone is involved and committed to making positive changes.
- Effective communication skills for seamless interactions with team members and suppliers.
- Strong IT skills to navigate relevant software.
- The ability to work independently and prioritise tasks efficiently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Online benefits platform
- Enjoy 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Training and career development
- Contribute to the community with 2 volunteering days a year
- Secure your future with our company pension plan
Join us on our mission to create food that makes people and the planet feel good.
The Compleat Food Group are proud to have built an inclusive and respectful culture where our colleagues feel safe, supported and valued. A place where they can bring their whole selves to work to achieve exceptional results and thrive.
We continue to attract diverse talent into our teams, because we know greater diversity leads to exceptional results and provides a better working life. That’s why we’re committed to ensuring Fairness, Equity, Inclusivity, and Respect in all that we do.
We have an active and trusted Preferred Supplier List to assist us if required. We do not acknowledge any speculative CVs or unsolicited candidate introductions from agencies.