Are you looking for a challenging fixed-term contract? Do you possess the unique ability to quickly foster strong relationships with customers, supply partners, and internal stakeholders, all the while upholding the values of integrity, trust, and your technical expertise?
If you thrive in working at pace, can effortlessly juggle multiple tasks, and approach challenges methodically to find innovative solutions, then we want you to provide exceptional Maternity leave cover for our Technical Account Manager overseeing one our most prestigious accounts.
We, (The Compleat Food Group) are looking for somebody to take charge of elevating the technical performance of our supply base and aligning it with our business and customer requirements on a 12-14 month fixed term maternity cover contract. You will revel in the freedom to work independently and make a significant impact without the need for constant supervision. The role will involve travel across the UK to our sites and also involve international travel to our supplier partners.
What you will be doing:
- Using your technical excellence in Customer Management you will deliver client expectations and governance standards
- Embrace a thriving customer-facing role acting as a Technical Manager, Senior Technical, or Category Development Leader, Infusing vitality into our Client Relationships and eternally showcasing the enhanced value brought by our gifted technical team.
- Charting and executing bold strategic technical visions for the account, championing product quality, safety and uncompromising product compliance.
- Energise seamless cross-functional working with Development, Quality Assurance, Production, and Commercial Teams, paving the way for precision-aligned, “on time every time” unveiling of cutting-edge products.
- Provide innovative and pioneering technical solutions, breaking down barriers to conquer business and product challenges.
- Utilise methodical data analysis to propel customer performance metrics to new heights and fuel continuous improvement initiatives
- Craft and execute customer-focussed quality plans
- Own customer visits, audits, and product launches with enthusiasm and unbridled expertise
- Flawlessly oversee Technical Services, an all-encompassing symphony of raw material specifications, authenticity validation, supplier endorsements, Product Sampling, Shelf-Life, Quality Assurance, Supplier On-boarding, Customer Satisfaction Resolutions, Food Safety, Customer Code of Practice, Compliance Checks, Artwork and Packaging and Hygiene Audits.
- Inject vigor and expertise into Product Process and Design, shaping the future of excellence.
What we are looking for :
- You will ideally be degree qualified from within a food background
- Hold HACCP level 3, Food Safety level 3 and have a Full UK driving licence.
- A proven track record of technical/quality management in a challenging fast paced food environment.
- Natural ability to communicate and negotiate effectively in reactive and flexible situations.
- Experience in complex raw material supply chains.
- UK retailer experience.
- Strong technical acumen and knowledge of retailer COP’s.
- Previous technical management experience (or equivalent discipline).
- Strong organisational skills and well-rounded communication skills – ability to influence decisions.
- Specification and product management, to ensure successful and timely launches.
- Sound knowledge of food science and good understanding of UK and European regulation and legislation.
- Commercial awareness.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications, specifications systems and raw material management systems.
- Be able to travel across the UK and Internationally frequently
The role will can be based from either our Redhill site in Surrey, or our Tottle Bakery site in Nottingham, with travel to our other UK sites. As you would expect with a company the size of The Compleat Food Group, this fixed term contract may open up further opportunities within our ever-growing group.
We fully celebrate diversity at The Compleat Food Group and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.