At The Compleat Food Group we’re on a mission to create tasting food that’s better for people and the planet, we call it ‘Food to Feel Good’. We pride ourselves on being a business that gives equal emphasis to HOW we operate as well as the financial results we achieve.
Our 3,500 (and growing) fantastic people are what make this possible. They are passionate about creating delicious products for UK consumers, leading retailers and our exciting, market leading brands, which include Wall’s Pastry, Squeaky Bean and Unearthed.
We are currently recruiting for the below roles based at our site in Crewe:
Shift Engineer Supervisor x 4
The main purpose of this role is to cover all of the Maintenance Engineering activities on shift and assist the coordination and completion of the Planned Preventative Maintenance Schedules and correctives across all company’s production machinery.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Assist management in direct oversight of department’s daily operation.
- Supervise and participate in the completion of the assigned preventative maintenance to ensure departmental KPI’s are met
- Ability to identify and implement improvements to the preventative maintenance plans to make them more effective.
- Clear communication of breakdowns and repairs, ensuring Engineering handover report completed in a timely manner
- Ensure that the team have logged all toolboxes in and that the workshop areas is left clean and tidy ready for the next shift
- Support major repairs as necessary to ensure downtime is minimised
- Order parts throughout the shift ensuring purchasing procedures followed and costs are controlled in line with budget
- Ensure stock is accurately booked in and out
- Develop and maintain relations with key managers across engineering, quality and production
- Identify efficiency opportunities and improvements to plant to enhance operation productivity.
- Ensure company procedures, legislation and good working practices are adhered too.
- Main point of contact for contracts on shift, ensure appropriate permits are in place (general works, hot works, WAH). Supervise any works.
- May be requested to step up and cover Maintenance Manager in their absence
- Free vend products
- Free parking
- 2 volunteering days a year
- Company Pension
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Recognised qualification in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering. (Level 3). Ideally multiskilled.
- 2 years’ experience as a time served Engineer within a manufacturing/maintenance setting. Ideally within the food sector
- A minimum of 1 year's team management experience or a very strong “people person
- Experience managing Performance Preventative Maintenance (PPM)
- Can do, improvement mindset
- PC skills