At The Compleat Food Group we're not just about delicious food – we're also passionate about the well-being of our people and our planet. As a pioneer in the food industry, we are committed to excellence and sustainability, and now we're seeking a forward-thinking, proactive and hands-on SHE (Safety, Health and Environment) Advisor to support our safety, health, and environmental initiatives and practices at our fantastic site in Crewe, Cheshire – Home of the famous "Wright's Pies".
Why Work with Us?
- Benefits: Pension, Holidays, Staff Canteen, Free Products, Site Parking, Site charity Days/Events, Well-Being Support Groups, Formal and Informal training and development, Team socials.
- Impact: Make a real difference by ensuring the well-being of our employees and fostering environmentally friendly practices throughout the site and support the reduction of SHE risks and hazards across the site.
- Collaboration: Join a diverse team of passionate individuals who really value teamwork and creativity. Work on and support projects with the wider SHE team across the group.
- Career Growth: Take your career to the next level with ample opportunities for professional development, learning and advancement.
- Social, Well-Being and Team Events: All our colleagues are offered 2 volunteering days per year, as well as numerous well-being initiatives onsite and across our company, and be involved with as many team events as you wish.
What does the role involve?
The main aspect of this very varied role is to support the reduction of SHE risks and hazards across the site, in a manufacturing site of this size, you can expect no two days to be the same, the types of things you will be involved in:
- Help the site achieve & maintain legal compliance
- Deliver appropriate H&S training
- Undertake workplace inspections and audits
- Offer general H&S advice across the site
- Implement TCFG SHE management system
- Comply with reporting and escalation requirements
- Supporting the management of contractors and visitors onsite
- Implementing group initiatives and campaigns
- Support the site SHE Manager in deploying TCFG strategy and systems
- Undertaking risk assessments, incident investigations and RCA
- Responsible for accurate records and document control
- Investigating working environments for unsafe practices and spotlighting areas of best practice
- Update compliance documents for SHE matters
- Report SHE violations to the relevant parties and liaise with enforcing authorities as appropriate
- Maintain and audit safety-critical procedures
- Perform administration duties as required by the SHE management system
- Maintain SHE competency
Who we are looking for: (Skills/Experiences/Qualifications)
We are looking for a proactive, very organised individual, who manages their time and workload effectively. You must have an eye for detail and be a strong administrator with excellent communication and presentation skills.
You must hold a minimum of Level 3 Qualification in H&S, ideally be working towards or looking to work towards a Level 6 and ideally an Environmental qualification.
We are looking for somebody with Environmental experience / experience of BS ISO 45001 (OHSMS).
This is a hands-on role (not just desk based) which will see you working in and around the whole site including in the Food Manufacturing areas and outside.
We are looking for somebody who has a good working knowledge in a similar role who is looking to further develop their career with us.
Our site at Crewe has a real "Family Feel" about it – regarded as a great place to work, where our people really do make the difference to your day.
If you are looking to further develop your H&S and Environmental skills and increase your experiences, we invest in our people, their development, opportunities and their careers. Maybe you are considering working towards becoming an SHE Manager of the future – we would love to hear from you.