At The Compleat Food Group we’re on a mission to create tasting food that’s better for people and the planet, we call it ‘Food to Feel Good’. We pride ourselves on being a business that gives equal emphasis to HOW we operate as well as the financial results we achieve.
Our 3,500 (and growing) fantastic people are what make this possible. They are passionate about creating delicious products for UK consumers, leading retailers and our exciting, market leading brands, which include Wall’s Pastry, Squeaky Bean and Unearthed.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Safety, Health & Environment Manager to join our Riverside Bakery Team
The main purpose of the role is to ensure compliance with UK legislative requirements & facilitate the prevention of injury and ill health.
Promote a culture of health, safety & environmental awareness at Site
Ensure a structured framework exists for departments in the pursuance of health & safety
Ensure the effective communication of SHE information to the workforce at Site
Chair monthly SHE Steering meeting
Maintenance of SHE KPI’s & statistics
Collate SHE data and present to the SLT members
Assist Training Manager in sourcing & provision of SHE training
Liaise with the companies Insurers & their agents in matters pertaining to health & safety
Represent the site on matters of SHE at group & 3rd party events
Accident & incident investigation, management & review
Support Occupational Health
Monitor compliance against Legislation and the TCFG SHE standards
Own the EA Permit and ensure requirements are met
Review & update site Environmental Aspect assessments
Assist with packaging compliance returns and CCA returns
Management of SHE Co-ordinator
- 5 years minimum SHE experience with a strong FMCG Manufacturing background.
- Relevant SHE professional qualifications: NEBOSH National General Certificate as a minimum
- Proven record of success in SHE with strong understanding and exposure to Operations, Engineering, Distribution and Supply Chain.
- Demonstrable experience and working knowledge of SHE Management Systems, Environmental, Fire and Hygiene processes, Incident Reporting and Investigation procedures, Auditing and Safety Systems and processes.
- Food safety City & Guilds Level 3 Food Safety and Hygiene (or willingness to complete)
- Prior experience in formulating, implementing and revising SHE policies and procedures.
- Experience of a Environment Agency Permitted site and the use of F Gas/Ammonia refrigeration
- Technical expert on safety & environmental
- Able to work with a ‘hands on’ approach
- Articulate with a high level of communication skills (written and oral) and presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- To be able to apply reason and persuasion, when needed, in order to promote action and implement change.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and have the confidence and ability to present to groups from all disciplines and levels.
- Have a sound understanding of the principles of risk assessment techniques and how they are to be applied in this environment.
- Self-motivated with excellent analytical, IT, organisational, report writing and problem-solving skills
- Possess the necessary interpersonal skills that will enable engagement with all levels of the business. Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Must have a flexible, hands on can do attitude.