At The Compleat Food Group we’re on a mission to create tasting food that’s better for people and the planet, we call it ‘Food to Feel Good’. We pride ourselves on being a diverse and inclusive business that gives equal emphasis to HOW we operate as well as the financial results we achieve.
Our 3,500 (and growing) fantastic people are what make this possible. They are passionate about creating delicious products for UK consumers, leading retailers and our exciting, market leading brands, which include Wall’s Pastry, Squeaky Bean and Unearthed.
We are currently looking for an individual to join our site Health and Safety team in the role of SHE Advisor.
Purpose & Responsibilities of the role:
- Advise and support the site on all aspects of SHE responsibilities including training requirements and skills gaps.
- Support the business in instilling a positive behavioral safety culture across the entire site.
- Foster a culture of safety and support the site in risk reduction
- Lead site H&S and wellness initiatives and be a Shining Star SHE Champion for site
- Contribute to improving our positive environmental efforts, leading on sustainable practices and supporting the reduction of waste across the site
- Working with the site ELT ensure our site meets all SHE standards and ensure we are compliant and competitive at all times.
- Aid in delivering engaging training sessions that empower the site to be safety advocates
- Dive into performance metrics and KPI's to learn how we can enhance and improve our SHE program and initiatives
- Collate, input, maintain and present site SHE metrics and KPI's to the site leadership team
What we are looking for:
Passion for Progress: Show eagerness to learn and grow while revolutionising SHE practices across our site and the wider business.
Fresh Perspective: You may be fairly new to the field of SHE, but your enthusiasm is your best asset.
Communication: Fluent in English Language (both verbal and written). Strong written and numerical skills and accuracy. Your presentation skills show particular emphasis on continuous improvement.
Educational Foundation:You must have "IOSH Managing Safety" training and ideally the following would be a benefit to us both ‘IEMA Managing Sustainably’ or equivalent, "Train the Trainer" in manual handling, CCTV operational knowledge.
Team Player: You thrive in a collaborative environment and want to learn from experienced colleagues.
Tech-Curious: Proficient in MS Office applications and open to using technology to enhance our SHE initiatives
- You are naturally organised and motivated to achieve deadlines and targets whilst working at pace
- You are passionate about improving the Company’s and your own performance
- Friendly approach to communicating with a positive & "can-do" attitude
- You welcome new projects and tasks and take pride in your work
- Drive and ability to make positive change, and love the challenge of solving problems
- The confidence to deal with regulatory bodies
- Holiday and Auto Enrollment Pension Plan
- Formal and Informal Training and Development
- Site Charity Events and staff competitions
- Well-being networks and support groups
- Long Service Awards
- Subsidised Canteen
- Onsite free and secure car park
Poole Bakery produces chilled savoury rolls, savoury hot pies, pasties, and slices, we're home of the famous Wall's pastry brand. The business has been producing products at its current site since 1937 we are very proud of the heritage of our business – previously known as Millers of Poole.
Ready to develop your skills and further your career in Safety, Health and Environment with us? – apply now, we are looking to appoint this role straight away.