Senior HR Advisor Required – Join Our HR Team and Shape Our Compleat Future!
Location: Middlesborough, TS6.
About Us: SK Foods are now part of The Compleat Food Group – we're not just about making food; we're about crafting experiences that feel good, taste good, and do good for everyone. Every day, we delight our customers and consumers with top-quality products, infused with a passion for excellence and a spirit of innovation. We're on a mission to become the number one choice for culture at work, driven by an outstanding team that values respect, diversity, growth, and collaboration.
Your Role: As a Senior HR Advisor, you'll play a pivotal role in driving our HR strategy at site level. You'll lead key projects, driving our HR initiatives forward. Your impact will be felt across employee engagement, talent management, leadership development, and HR compliance.
This is a true site based role across our two large manufacturing sites, where the working hours are Monday to Friday 8 hours per day – we are flexible on your working hours between 8am and 6pm, one day per week we will need you to start later and finish around 7pm to engage with our night shifts colleagues.
- Lead in managing site ER cases, maintaining a keen eye on trends and recommending improvements. Support HR team to provide a positive and safe environment for all colleagues to discuss ER issues in confidence and work sensitively to resolve
- Champion and manage effective absence management, ensuring rates remain below target.
- Handle consultations on complex changes.
- Enhance employee engagement through HR walk-rounds, welfare interviews, and ensuring HR visibility across shifts.
- Administer Speak Up and grievance procedures to address concerns promptly.
- Contribute to community, charity, and volunteering initiatives.
- Oversee talent attraction, retention, and development, including talent mapping and succession planning.
- Coordinate weekly recruitment campaigns with site management teams
- Coach managers across the employee life-cycle, supporting group leadership programs.
- Support Department heads in identifying training needs and sourcing solutions.
- Maintain HR compliance, escalate complex cases, and participate in audits to uphold our high standards.
- Ensure compliance of company ethical policies (Sedex, Stronger Together, ETI base code, Modern Slavery commitments etc.)
- Work collaboratively with all functions towards SMETA compliance and audits
- Continually lead the way in demonstrating a positive working environment
- Actively promote the well-being of our colleagues and signpost individuals for appropriate support as and when required
- Lead HR team on day to day basis escalating concerns
- CIPD Qualified to Level 5 or equivalent site HR Advisor experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in managing employee relations, ideally in a fast-paced FMCG setting.
- Solid HR knowledge of employment law and experience in handling complex cases and consultations.
Why Join Us?
- Innovation and Courage: Be part of a team that thinks differently and challenges the norm.
- Quality and Commitment: Share in our dedication to deliver excellence in every aspect of our work.
- Diversity and Respect: Join a workplace where everyone is valued, respected, and encouraged to grow.
- Dynamic Environment: Thrive in a setting where quick, clear decision-making and delivering on commitments are paramount.
- 2 Employee Volunteering Days per year
- Online and High-street retailer discount scheme and well-being portal
- Employee well-being and community support groups
- Charity Initiatives and Team events
- 24/7 Access to Grocery Aid
We're looking for a confident communicator with the ability to deal efficiently and sympathetically with high volumes of colleagues at all levels across the whole business.
You will have a sound and up to date working knowledge of current UK employment law.
Professional and confidential at all times. You need an eye for detail with good literacy and numeracy skills with excellent organisational skills.
Join Us and Make a Difference! Become a part of our Compleat journey to be the best in the industry. Apply now and help us shape a workplace culture that's second to none.
We’re proud to build an inclusive and respectful culture where all our colleagues feel safe, supported and valued. A place where they can bring their whole selves to work to achieve exceptional results and thrive.
We continue to attract diverse talent into our business, because we know greater diversity leads to exceptional results and provides a better working life. That’s why we’re committed to ensuring Fairness, Equity, Inclusivity, and Respect in all that we do.
Recruitment Agencies We have an active and trusted Preferred Supplier List to assist us if required. We do not acknowledge any speculative CVs or unsolicited candidate introductions from agencies.