The Compleat Food Group are on a mission to create great quality, tasty and affordable food that people love to eat. We call it "Food to feel good".
We produce a wide variety of products across Chilled Savoury Pastry, Olives, Modern Deli, Anti Pasti, Pickles, Ferments and Desserts.
We are recruiting for a Senior Buyer to join our established Procurement team to support the buying and contract negotiations of the above products and ingredients. The role would suit an ambitious buyer looking to gain an opportunity to progress their career in procurement into a Senior buying role. The role can be based from either our Redhill (Surrey), Nottingham or Milton Keynes site offices and will include Hybrid working.
- Welcome the added responsibility for company spend across nominated categories and improving company profitability and working capital.
- Continually develop and improve our supply base (sourcing ingredients and selecting suppliers).
- Track supplier performance against agreed measures.
- Update, develop and implement Category Strategies.
- Provide strategic commercial/competitive advantage to the business and add value to our prestigious clients and consumers through innovative sourcing
What you will be doing:
- Sourcing for allocated categories ensuring guarantee of Supply, Quality, Service, Cost and Innovation.
- Assessing risk of continuous supply, working cross functionally and putting mitigation actions in place.
- Introducing approved new suppliers to increase innovation through supply base and increase choice.
- Management and measurement of Supplier Performance against set targets.
- Providing accurate business forecasts for allocated spend areas and achieve set financial budgets/targets.
- Maintain market knowledge and awareness related to your allocated categories and communicate impact to the business
- Lead and manage projects and procurement activities within your allocated categories.
- Shaping "what good looks like" and best practice Procurement processes and techniques for the function
- Ensuring all expenditure is sourced and contracted through approved processes within your allocated categories.
- Continually seek commercial/competitive advantage throughout the company and help other budget holders achieve their targets through the negotiation of best value.
- Professional/ Technical experience e.g. strategic buying / category management / experience in ingredients/food industry.
- Skilled negotiator – able to identify and develop commercial opportunities.
- Experience in supplier relationship management
- Possess excellent communication skills to effectively influence all functions, and levels of the Group.
- Have excellent analytical, organisational & reporting skills.
- Strong and confident decision maker. Happy to make decisions and stand by them.
- Able to demonstrate experience in managing and delivering projects.
- Understanding and knowledge of contract legislation and processes.
- CIPS qualified (Desirable).
- Driving Licence (Essential to travel between sites and visit suppliers as required)
If this sounds like the type of varied buying challenge you are looking for in a newly created food group, please send your CV over to arrange a call to discuss the role in more detail.
We are dedicated to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion – supporting one another and appreciating uniqueness in the company.
We are continuing to build a culture where all our colleagues feel supported and valued, whilst feeling they can bring their whole selves to our workplaces.
We wish to continue to attract diverse teams, we believe in creating an inclusive, respectful organisational culture for our colleagues and future talent, because we believe greater diversity leads to exceptional results and provides a better working life.