Join our experienced QA Team as a Quality Assurance Technician on a Temporary to Permanent basis.
Are you ready to embark on an exciting career in quality assurance and technical support? At Riverside Bakery (part of the Compleat Food Group), we're looking for two dedicated individual's to join our experienced QA team and make a real impact.
As a QA Technician, your role will be to deliver expert and efficient support to our factory, addressing technical and quality challenges. You will be at the forefront of ensuring top-tier food safety and GMP standards throughout our factory, fostering a safe and pristine working environment.
In addition to this, you'll cultivate strong and positive connections with our valued customers, trusted suppliers, and your fellow colleagues. Successfully working as a team with all stakeholders is a vital aspect of this role.
Furthermore, you'll play a pivotal role in executing essential tasks aligned with our business objectives to guarantee full compliance with quality systems. Your efforts will contribute to the overall excellence of our operations.
As a Quality Assurance Technician, you will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain and enhance relationships across all departments, fostering teamwork and effective communication skills.
- Conduct daily factory walk rounds, working closely with the operations team to meet and maintain high GMP standards. This includes performing in-depth hygiene inspections on equipment, leading to improved factory standards and valuable feedback from the operations team.
- Support the production team and other departments in resolving quality issues. Your detailed investigations will be crucial for timely issue closure and a reduction in quality incidents.
- Carry out daily taste panels to review the quality of products, ensuring that taste panels are conducted on time and that issues are promptly flagged to the operations team.
- Perform routine tasks such as swabbing, air plates, and product sampling in line with schedules. Send samples to the lab and investigate out-of-spec (OOS) results.
- Support investigations into customer complaints, including the ability to carry out full traceability exercises. Your complaints investigation reports will be accurate and thorough and your traceability will be "right first time every time".
- Perform and report scheduled internal audits and close out corrective actions promptly. Support on-site audits by third parties, contributing to good audit results.
- Conduct temperature monitoring and measurement for on-site temperature systems as required, ensuring timely checks and well-maintained records.
- Be prepared to pick up ad hoc tasks and requests through the technical management team, including traceability exercises and investigations. Your efforts will be seen to prevent issues from recurring.
- Collaborate with NPD and commercial teams in new product launches by setting up lines for labeling, coding, X-rays, check-weigh, and metal detection.
- Champion a health and safety culture to meet all safety requirements across the site. Your role is crucial in promoting safe working practices and ensuring safety during packaging trials.
We have two vacancies; one to work on a Day Shift from Sunday to Tuesday (3 days per week) or a Night Shift on Monday to Friday nights. These roles are temporary initially, moving to a permanent position after successful probation period.
If you have Food Factory experience within QA and are ready to be a part of our friendly, hard-working and supportive QA team and want to contribute to our mission of maintaining the highest quality standards, we'd love to hear from you. Apply today to become a Quality Assurance Technician at Riverside Bakery.
We fully celebrate diversity at The Compleat Food Group and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.