A little bit about us
Wrights Food Group, now part of the Compleat food Group are based in Crewe, since 1926 they have been specialising in the quality production of pastry, confectionary and ready meal products.
As well as delivering to all four corners of the country, Wrights also deliver daily to its 15 shops based in and around Staffordshire.
An opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to join our Supply Chain team, as a Planning Co-ordinator. You will assist with daily/weekly tasks relating to the overall production planning for both the savoury/ready means and confectionery factories, across all frozen and chilled product.
Key Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assist in ensuring that our overall planning approach optimises production run lengths/SKU stock levels whilst at the same time minimises our working capital exposure and constantly maintains the minimum required customer service levels across all product sectors.
- Assist in data gathering and cover during absence/holiday to produce a weekly production plan for both factories that respects both the available capacities of each respective production line and the required Technical, Food Safety and Hygiene policies as well as external accreditation and customer specific standards/specifications. If necessary, adjust the plan accordingly to minimise the impact of any projected customer service level issues and notify the Commercial team in advance of any specific customer shortages.
- Assist in ensuring that the required amounts of raw materials and packaging are available for every weekly production plan.
- Be fully up to date with all the latest operational KPI’s by line/SKU (eg OEE%, waste etc..) and ensure that they are taken fully into account when producing the weekly production plans.
- Assist in continually monitoring overall finished goods stock levels to ensure that we can both maintain future customer services levels and to reduce the risk of any potential obsolescent finished goods stock, raw materials and packaging. Produce weekly stock level reports to highlight any major areas of concern and proactively propose delists for slow moving SKU’s.
- Work with the New Product Development (NPD) team to ensure that all agreed EPD/NPD Projects are delivered on time, to agreed customer brief/expectations and in line with anticipated product cost standards
- Internal – Operations, Commercial, Quality, Supply Chain, Engineering, & Finance.
- External – Key Customers, Raw Materials & Packaging Supplier Contacts.
Health, Safety & Environment Responsibilities
- Know Health & Safety responsibilities, the site rules, and bring to the attention to issues that could affect own, or others Health, Safety & Welfare.
- Work in a safe manner at all times
- Fully comply with all signage, notices, warning labels etc.
- Bring to the attention of your manager any hazards or unsafe conditions that may lead to injury, ill health, or damage.
- Participate fully in all Health, Safety & Environmental training sessions, and Safety Briefings / Toolbox Talks
- Not misuse of interfere with anything provided to ensure the safety of yourself and others.
- Ensure a good standard of housekeeping is maintained within the working environment to minimise the risk of injury to themselves or others.
- Correctly use and store the protective clothing and equipment provided.
- Report all injuries, near misses, and instances of ill health that occur to them at work and obtain the necessary First Aid Treatment.
- Help in the investigation of accidents in order to prevent recurrence.
- Set a good example of safe behaviour, particularly to new starters and young persons.
Food Safety & Quality Responsibilities
- Works to required food safety & quality standards.
- Observes the site personal hygiene requirements.
- Ensure that correct procedures are being followed, paperwork is being filled out correctly and the quality of product is good.
- Ensuring working area is clean and tidy.
- Encourage good practice and challenge poor practice relating to CAYG (Clean as you go) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Production Planning Experience
- Working knowledge of TROPOS and/or associated systems
- Proven ability to plan, organise and communicate.
- Knowledge of baking process and the functionality of key raw materials.
- High level of IT Skills, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
– 33 days holiday per year (including bank holidays
– Workplace Pension
– Onsite Parking
– Access to Food on site (Savoury & Cakes), free of charge (to be eaten on site)
– Discount on Wholesale goods
– Access to an Employee Assistance Programme