Riverside Bakery (part of Compleat Food Group) is the UK’s leading chilled quiche manufacturer. The business has its own specialist manufacturing facility and development team, focused on driving product innovation and quality in its category. The bakery has had significant investment in the last few years which has allowed the business to develop new state of the art manufacturing assets, ranging from being highly automated to highly flexible.
The business is the leading supplier of retailer-branded chilled quiche, flans and savoury tarts into Asda, M&S, and Sainsbury’s.
Our vision is to be the most trusted and innovative chilled food manufacturer in the UK. Whilst our core business will always be centred on savoury pastry, our innovation agenda will also take us into new food markets where we can build a sustainable position.
We are looking for a Logistics Manager to join our team on a Permanent basis across our Nottingham sites. The role is based in a fast-paced chilled food environment, which requires initiative and an ability to ‘think on your feet’.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Manage time & resource across 2 production facilities effectively, ensuring performance is undisrupted regardless of your location.
- Lead an efficient despatch & warehousing operation to support the business in delivering customer orders.
- Maintain KPI metrics (our own & our customers) to analyse & implement improvements.
- Stock accuracy & reconciliation, on & off site locations.
- Co-ordinate transport & cold storage providers to meet business needs.
- Liaise daily with Planning teams to manage requirements – labour, equipment, freeze capacity, etc.
- Manage relationship with third party logistic providers, dealing with day-to-day escalation, longer term demand forecasting, & continually evaluating their performance.
- Ordering, scheduling & stock taking of all returnable equipment, taking into account peak season & freezer program.
- POD discrepancy investigation & challenge. Debit note reduction plan.
- Control budgeted spend, with any deviation forecasted & explained. Proactively find ways to reduce cost.
- Overtime management & reduction plan.
- Motivate, coach & train workforce. Identify talent & develop.
- Promote GMP and the SHE agenda within the team, ensuring a safe & efficient workspace. Deliver an accident reduction plan.
- Maintain full traceability of finished goods & ensure always audit ready.
- Work alongside the management team to promote the integrity, food safety & quality culture across site.
- Deputise for Supply Chain Manager during periods of absence & annual leave.
To be successful in the role, you will have the following required skills, experience, knowledge and qualifications:
- Previous experience in logistics management, supply chain, warehousing & transport
- Ideally from a FMCG background
- Budget control & cost reduction plans
- Problem solving & organisational skills
- Excellent communication & leadership skills
- Outstanding interpersonal & relationship building skills
- Proven coaching & mentoring skills to develop & drive a team
- Understands key performance metrics to drive improvement
Riverside Bakery is a great place to work, and we believe that stems from the quality of the people we employ. We believe in providing our staff with a working environment that encourages opportunity and allows potential to be fulfilled. We also embrace diversity. Hard work and dedication are rewarded with competitive pay, pension, occupational health, subsidised employee canteen, long service awards, and an employee car park.