We’re a new food group on a mission to create great quality, tasty and affordable food, that people love to eat.
And we’re committed to doing it in a sustainable way that delivers a positive impact on the world and maximises the well-being of the communities we are part of. We call it ‘Food to Feel Good’.
We want to become the UK’s No 1 chilled prepared food company by giving equal emphasis to how we operate as to the financial results we achieve.
That’s why we’re transforming the way we work to set a new standard in ‘good food for all’ – food, which is nutritious, sustainable and affordable. This includes adopting science-based targets on our journey to Net Zero and measuring our social value to deliver great food to feel good about.
As a newly created company, we are at the beginning of our journey, and we know we still have a long way to go. We are committed to doing this in an open and transparent way to deliver a better and fairer future for all.
We are currently looking for a qualified, experienced and committed individual to be responsible for our Health & Safety requirements.
To consistently achieve the highest standards of Health & Safety by managing the team of trained operatives’ day by day, whilst ensuring Health & Food Safety legal compliance & GMP standards are adhered to at all times.
Responsible for maintaining and updating the sites Health & Safety Policy which includes:
- Daily H & S walk around.
- Training records for departmental operatives
- Development of safe systems of work
- Management of substance hazardous to health (COSHH) documentations (Health & Safety)
- Management of H & S training records
- Carry out hygiene GMP internal audits as scheduled site wide
- Carry out building fabrication GMP internal audits as scheduled site wide
- Undertake departmental risk assessments
- Involvement in accident investigation reports
- Involvement in customer complaints investigation to prevent re-occurrence.
Critical Success Factors
- Control of all waste streams on site.
- Yearly price negotiations with waste management team.
- Involvement in the carbon trust audits / visits.
- Involvement in preparing for BRC and other audits
- Member of the site HACCP team
- Involvement of continuous improvement project work in relation to site H & S.
- Responsible for all environmental issues relating to site.
Monitoring and reporting of group CSR targets.
- NEBOSH National Diploma or similar
- Experience of working in a food manufacturing environment
- Previous people management experience (Supervisory role)
- Knowledge of BRC standards
Key Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Critical Thinking and analytic mind
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of food legislation and food safety principle essentials
- UK Full driving licence
- Energetic, and enthusiastic
- Flexible attitude
- Team worker