The Compleat Food Group (TCFG) are a leading innovator in the UK Food Manufacturing Industry, dedicated to delivering quality products and shaping the future of food production. We are currently seeking an experienced Head of Procurement to lead our "Outsourced" procurement efforts, commercial relationships – whilst ensuring cost savings, and value creation.
As the Head of Procurement – Outsourced within TCFG, your role will be instrumental in contracting and managing our expansive outsourced partners. Leveraging your expertise, you will closely collaborate with our outsourced team, driving significant cost savings through strategic value chain analysis. We seek an individual with exceptional negotiation skills, profound procurement expertise, and the ability to augment the existing skills within our team. Your role will be instrumental in developing critical commercial agreements with our outsourced suppliers, negotiating contractual terms, and driving cost savings through collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide specialised procurement expertise to support, manage and enhance the skills within our current team.
- Develop crucial commercial agreements with our esteemed outsourced suppliers, ensuring mutually beneficial partner-relationships.
- Unlock cost savings through effective negotiation and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, optimising procurement processes.
- Lead contract negotiations, shaping terms and conditions, including exclusivity and duration, for advantageous outcomes.
- Collaborate seamlessly with cross-functional teams to define and execute cost removal and savings across a very lucrative and diverse supply chain.
- Proficient in developing detailed processing cost analysis and value chain analysis, enhancing senior level decision-making.
- Utilise the expertise of the broader procurement team effectively within the Outsourced model, maximizing overall efficiency.
Essential to succeed in this role you will have:
- Deep understanding of the procurement landscape of food across Retail, B2B and manufacturing
- Protein procurement experience, along with other key commodities
- Experience of working across UK&I and Continental Europe
- Ability to analyse large data sets and derive strategies from them.
- Proven track record of working across suppliers and teams from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- The ability to modify your style and approach at pace to match the needs of the customer, business or supplier.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully leading indirect teams at pace.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Senior level interpersonal and communication skills, problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with a proactive and solution orientated mindset.
- Willingness to travel across group and internationally.
If you possess a passion for procurement, driving cost efficiencies and enhancing value within the Food Manufacturing Industry and embody these essential criteria, we invite you to apply for this rewarding opportunity.
Joining TCFG will see you at the forefront of driving procurement excellence, making a tangible impact within a business that's shaping the future of food manufacturing. We celebrate diversity at TCFG and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.