Join Our Finance Team at The Compleat Food Group!
At The Compleat Food Group, we're on a mission to create delicious food that's not only better for people but also kinder to our planet. We like to call it 'Food to Feel Good'. What sets us apart is that we're not just about financial results; we equally prioritise HOW we operate as a business. Our success is built on the passion and dedication of our fantastic team, which is constantly growing and evolving.
Who We Are:
Our 3,500+ incredible people are the heart of everything we do. They are genuinely passionate about crafting mouth watering products for UK consumers, leading retailers, and our exciting market-leading brands, including Wall's Pastry, Squeaky Bean, Vadasz, Wrights and Unearthed.
Join us as a Financial Controller:
We have a fantastic 12-14 month temporary contract opportunity for a Financial Controller to join our Finance division. Reporting into the Finance Director for Operations, and working closely with site and group operational teams, this role will manage the operational financial controls across our Crewe and Clitheroe sites and sit on the senior finance team across the group.
Location: Dual Site – you must be able to travel between our sites in Crewe and Clitheroe. We also offer the flexibility to work from home.
This can be a full or part time role, working 4-5 days per week on a 12-14 month fixed term contract, with the possibility of this to be extended, as other opportunities open within our group.
Responsible for but not limited to:
- Reviewing Site P&L performance
- Ensuring balance sheet integrity is upheld through control account reviews
- Understanding and explaining operational performance metrics
- Operational profit improvement management
- Help and support delivery of a robust budget plan for FY25 and contribute to wider 3-year plan activity for FY26 and FY27.
- Ensuring responsible sites are in control of an overhead base and to hold a key understanding of any movement to that base.
- Deliver weekly KPI updates to business.
- Deliver month end reporting with any movement to weeklies clearly bridged.
- Stock control and exposure
- Team development and succession planning
Your Skills and Experience:
- Advanced excel skills
- ERP knowledge
- Qualified accountant
- People/team management/development
- FMCG senior finance experience
- Full clean driving license
- Car Allowance
- Free parking at sites
- 33 days holiday Pro Rata (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Contribute to the community with 2 volunteering days a year
- Secure your future with our company pension plan
- Compleat Community groups for well-being and inclusion
We're looking for somebody who can commit to the 12-14 month contract but we are flexible on the number of days per week (ideally 4-5) and hit the ground running when they join us, who ideally comes from an FMCG/Manufacturing background, used to juggling their time between multi site locations. Join us on our mission to create food that makes people and the planet feel good. We can't wait to welcome you to The Compleat Food Group!
The Compleat Food Group are proud to build an inclusive and respectful culture where all our colleagues feel safe, supported and valued. A place where they can bring their whole selves to work to achieve exceptional results and thrive.
We continue to attract diverse talent into our teams, because we know greater diversity leads to exceptional results and provides a better working life. That’s why we’re committed to ensuring Fairness, Equity, Inclusivity, and Respect in all that we do.
Recruitment Agencies We have an active and trusted Preferred Supplier List to assist us if required. We do not acknowledge any speculative CVs or unsolicited candidate introductions from agencies.