At The Compleat Food Group we’re on a mission to create tasting food that’s better for people and the planet, we call it ‘Food to Feel Good’. We pride ourselves on being a business that gives equal emphasis to HOW we operate as well as the financial results we achieve.
Our 3,500 (and growing) fantastic people are what make this possible. They are passionate about creating delicious products for UK consumers, leading retailers and our exciting, market leading brands, which include Wall’s Pastry, Squeaky Bean and Unearthed.
Why should you come and work for us as an Engineer:
- The assurance of job security
- A shift pattern that provides work life balance, including every other weekend off
- Internal progression opportunities – All our Engineering Team leaders and Manager have been promoted internally
- Work as part of an experienced team on shift
- With a factory footprint of 6 acres, every day is different
- Wide range of machinery to work on, including a new fully automated line which includes pick and place robots.
The Purpose of the Role:
To provide multi-skilled engineering support to the production stream working as part of the engineering team, responsible for providing a comprehensive maintenance function covering plant, equipment and auxiliary services.
What we are looking for:
- Time Served Multi-Skilled Technician Apprenticeship or Electrical/Mechanical Apprenticeship with additional recognised training
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 in Engineering Maintenance (Electrical and Mechanical) or Level 3 BTEC in Engineering or ONC/D in Engineering
- Proficient written, numerical and verbal skills
- Proficiency and fluency of English language (oral and written)
- Ability to demonstrate good computer competency in MS Office and any CMMS systems
- Strong competence in both mechanical and electrical engineering, with a bias towards electrical engineering
- Understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Demonstrate PLC programming and system diagnosis skills
- Knowledge of circuit boards, computer hardware and software
- Experience of CAD system usage for electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic drawings
- Can demonstrate understanding and previous use of continuous improvement tools and techniques including:
- Team oriented to enable production and engineering department to reach targets
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude
- Demonstrates job ownership
- Embraces change, adaptable and maintains effectiveness in varying environments
- Committed to continuous process and personal improvement
- Learns quickly in a changing environment
- Can demonstrate a logical approach to fault diagnosis
- A Shift Pattern that provides great work life balance
- 24 days holiday + 3 bank Hols ( Xmas, Boxing day and New Year’s day)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Plan
- Long Service Awards
- Subsidised Canteen
- Onsite free and secure car park
Poole Bakery produces chilled savory rolls, savory hot pies, pasties and slices. The business has been producing products at its current site since 1937 and previously as Millers of Poole.
Home of the Walls pastry brand, Poole Bakery is proud of its dedicated Research & Development Team and Manufacturing Operations, based on a culture of continuous improvement and innovation is high on its agenda. Poole has a strong culture of consumer insight. This is underpinned by in-depth food knowledge, with dedicated on-site development chefs working on new products that are driven by food values and quality.
We look forward to hearing from you.