At The Compleat Food Group we’re on a mission to create tasting food that’s better for people and the planet, we call it ‘Food to Feel Good’. We pride ourselves on being a business that gives equal emphasis to HOW we operate as well as the financial results we achieve.
Our 3,500 (and growing) fantastic people are what make this possible. They are passionate about creating delicious products for UK consumers, leading retailers and our exciting, market leading brands, which include Wall’s Pastry, Squeaky Bean and Unearthed.
Accounts Payable Clerk
Based within our Central Finance Team in Nottingham, the main purpose of this role is to process all purchase orders across all the business, dependant on volumes, and to perform regular reconciliations using supplier statements.
Your working hours will predominantly be Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:00, with an early finish on a Friday. (A flexible approach around these hours, and hybrid WFH available). Part time hours may also be considered.
Duties for this role will include:
- Process supplier invoices and match invoices to orders accurately and in a timely manner.
- Enter supplier credit notes promptly.
- Respond to queries from suppliers on invoices, payments and outstanding balances.
- Respond effectively to supplier payment queries.
- Resolve unmatched and blocked invoices in a timely manner.
- Enter purchase orders on to the group’s financial system.
- Monitor and update open purchase orders.
- Monitor and resolve supplier debit balances.
- Obtain and reconcile supplier statements.
- File invoices and credit notes in a timely manner.
- Report blocked and unmatched invoices on a weekly basis and resolve in a timely manner.
- Contribute to development and improvement of group’s purchase-to-pay processes.
- £25,000 – £27,000 per annum (DOE)
- 33 days annual leave (inc BH)
- Early finish on a Friday
- Volunteering Days
- Informal and formal training
- Staff charity initiatives
- Well Being support
Skills and Experience:
- Problem solving skills
- Teamwork to ensure other team members are involved in projects and committed to the changes
- Good communication skills
- Good IT Skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to identify and prioritise tasks and workload
- Strong excel skills
Join us on our mission to create food that makes people and the planet feel good. We can't wait to welcome you to The Compleat Food Group!