At The Compleat Food Group we’re on a mission to create tasting food that’s better for people and the planet, we call it ‘Food to Feel Good’. We pride ourselves on being a business that gives equal emphasis to HOW we operate as well as the financial results we achieve.
Our 3,500 (and growing) fantastic people are what make this possible. They are passionate about creating delicious products for UK consumers, leading retailers and our exciting, market leading brands, which include Wall’s Pastry, Squeaky Bean and Unearthed.
Accounts Payable Clerk – 6-month Fixed Term Contract
The main purpose of both of these fixed term contracts are to accurately process purchase invoices in a timely manner, working within our busy Account Payable team in either our Nottingham or Redhill (Surrey) offices.
Why Finance at The Compleat Food Group?
The finance team is in an exciting stage of its development, learning how to combine the accounting processes across three previous business into one efficient and effective group. When stepping into a finance role at The Compleat Food Group, you’ll be stepping into a role that offers you the chance to take full ownership of your responsibilities, in a team that encourages & rewards continuous control and process improvement.
Your working hours will predominantly be Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:00*(flexible approach around these hours, and hybrid WFH available).
Duties for this role will include:
- Invoice processing to a high degree of accuracy and efficiency for the areas/sites of responsibility
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Identification of account issues and undertake their prompt resolution.
- Deal with supplier and business queries in a positive and timely manner
- Resolving, blocking and crediting items on the ledger as required
- Proactively assist with other sites and across the group on Accounts Payable processing to ensure our team works collaboratively and as one Compleat team.
- Ad Hoc requests as required by the AP Supervisor
Working and participating in a knowledgeable, friendly and close-knit Accounts Payable finance team, will be really important to you, but also, you'll be happy to work autonomously.
Our company works at considerable pace and is very adaptive, we are looking for somebody who is efficient, organised with a proactive approach to work. As with all roles of this nature it requires excellent attention to detail and effective time management skills.
Skills and Experiences:
- Problem solving skills required for supplier statement reconciliations and to resolve supplier queries.
- Good communication skills (Written and verbal) for managing business questions and challenge the business to help aid and eliminate queries.
- Attention to detail, accuracy of work and ability to work at pace.
- Flexibility to ensure level of unprocessed invoices and claims do not increase during peak trading.
- Proactiveness, results oriented with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Good IT Skills inc MS Office
- Ability to work well in a team and on own initiative.
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave per annum + Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
- 2 Volunteering days per year
- Ad hoc team and site incentives
We would love to hear from you, if you are available immediately, looking for a temporary role, with the potential for it to be extended, where you can learn, use your skills, progress and develop your career. You will be given the opportunity to work with some seriously talented people who know how to have fun and will support you during your time with us.