Join Our Finance Team at The Compleat Food Group!
At The Compleat Food Group, we're on a mission to create delicious food that's not only better for people but also kinder to our planet. We like to call it 'Food to Feel Good'. What sets us apart is that we're not just about financial results; we equally prioritise HOW we operate as a business. Our success is built on the passion and dedication of our fantastic team, which is constantly growing and evolving.
Who We Are:
Our 3,500+ incredible people are the heart of everything we do. They are genuinely passionate about crafting mouthwatering products for UK consumers, leading retailers, and our exciting market-leading brands, including Wall's Pastry, Squeaky Bean, and Unearthed.
Join us as an Accountant:
We have a fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant to join our Finance division.
Why Finance at The Compleat Food Group?
The finance team is in an exciting stage of its development, learning how to combine the accounting processes across three previous business into one efficient and effective Group. Finance at The Compleat Food Group offers you a variety of opportunities for future development, with roles across Group & Central Finance, Operational Finance and Commercial Finance – the business has pledged a commitment to develop its people and measures it’s success by its culture as much as its financial performance.
When stepping into a finance role at The Compleat Food Group, you’ll be stepping into a role that offers you the chance to take full ownership of your responsibilities, in a team that encourages & rewards continuous control and process improvement.
Flexible Hours: Your working hours are Monday to Thursday from 08:30 to 17:00, with an earlier finish on a Friday. We also offer the possibility of hybrid work-from-home arrangements.
Your Duties Will Include:
- Calculate and post accruals and prepayments including maintaining appropriate support, tracking and listings
- Manage fixed assets
- Responsible for central finance accounting and ownership for head office entities
- Completion of balance sheet reconciliations as required
- Issue intercompany recharges on a monthly basis and ensure intercompany is reconciled monthly
- Complete inhouse VAT returns for review by the Group Tax and Company Secretarial Manager
- Submit pension information on a monthly basis
- Perform payroll and benefits processes not covered by payroll function
- Responsible for monthly consolidations and Board reporting
- Work alongside the Senior Group Accountant and Group Accountants to produce annual Group consolidation and reporting
- Continually work to address process and control improvement, through systems and manual process improvements
- Provide cover, training and support for Assistant Group Accountant when required
Your Skills and Experience:
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on own and prioritise efficiently.
- Good time management to meet strict reporting deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- “Can do” attitude.
- Enjoy free parking
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Training and development
- Contribute to the community with 2 volunteering days a year
- Secure your future with our company pension plan
Join us on our mission to create food that makes people and the planet feel good. We can't wait to welcome you to The Compleat Food Group!